The manner in which waste is disposed in London directly affects the surroundings or conditions in which we all live in. The manner in which waste is disposed has a direct impact on the air you breathe, water you drink, your plants and pets too are part of that equation. This is why it is important to understand how waste has affected the London environment.
- Water and Land pollution from disposal of Plastic bottles and Waste: Bottled water is highly consumed in London, making the disposal of plastic waste uncontrollable as most of it ends up in landfills, The Thames and public parks. All these cause environmental and marine pollution which in the long run directly affects the health of citizens, animals and plants. Londoners and visitors are encouraged to embrace to carry their own water from home as opposed to buying bottled water, as well as the introduction of improved processes of recycling in london.
- Air Pollution from Greenhouse emissions and Landfills: The use of greenhouse to recycle waste has had a great influence on the climate patterns in London. Emission of carbon from greenhouses during waste recycling and the production of methane from land fill sites to produce energy cause air pollution, which poses great health risks to the citizens. The gases emitted have greatly affected the climate patterns in London. The weather experienced is hotter, drier summers and warmer, wetter winters. There are also situations of extreme weather like heavy rainfall and heat waves more often. This is as are result of human actions that emit greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide.
- Noise from Air and Land transport: the use of garbage vehicles and loud noise from landing and taking off of aircraft affects both the humans and animals in the surrounding areas in London by distracting their normal routine such as sleep and causing annoyance. This directly affects the health of the people and the animals. Although we have spoken about the negative effects, we also have positive effects that waste In London have on the environment.
- The positive effect of waste on the London environment: With the revised London local government strategies, waste management can be seen to be of more benefit than loss. Most of the recent bylaws enacted are meant to help in the continuous environmental improvement. Their aim is to have further improved environmental performance by use of low carbon transport service, more sustainable resource use, improved recycling performance, a valuable refuge for plants and animals and Improved local environments. All these have created a harmonious environment that has kept the city very habitable and welcoming to both Londoners and visitors who are a great boost to London’s economy as well as creating a safe habitation for all.
Conclusion on impacts of waste on the London environment:
Since London realized the negative impacts of waste on its environment, leaders and different stakeholders have all come together to work positively towards putting in place counter processes and procedures to reverse the situation. By using safe and eco friendly ways of managing waste, the rate of pollution is now lower than it has been in a long time. Private waste removal companies have been in the frontline towards helping manage the city’s waste in a safe, green way. As a service provider, we have liaised with the major recycling plants around London to ensure that 90% of all the waste we clear from, your premises is taken for recycling. For more info, you can give us a call or fill an online form for a free no obligation quote.
- Certified Junk Clearance Professional at Express Waste Removals.
- Commercial Waste2019.11.01How To Deal With Business And Commercial Waste In London
- Waste Management2019.10.14Health Hazards Caused by Improper Disposal of Pesticides
- Waste Management2019.06.25What is Waste Management and Methods of Waste Disposal
- Rubbish Removal2019.06.19Characteristics of a Good Rubbish Removal Firm